Run Commands for window User come in handy. The run commands are extremely useful for windows users. These commands for Windows are generally used to perform a variety of operations in the Windows Operating System.
Some of the popular run commands for Windows User could be found as under:
Press Windows + R and type in the below commands
- “\” command: Type in the Windows + R command on the keyboard and Type in ‘\ ‘. This would take you straight to the C Drive of your PC.
- “.” Command: Press Windows + R on the keyboard and enter ‘.’. This would take you to the Users’ home folder.
- “ ..” command: This would take you to the User’s Home folder inside the C Drive Location.
- Calc command: The Calc command is very useful and comes in handy when you need to do calculations on a desktop. This command opens up the desktop’s in-built calculator.
- Netplwiz command: This command is the easiest way to enter the advanced user account settings. Click for More Details
- Temp command: This command is used to delete the temporary files and folders which will increase your computer’s processing speed. Type %temp% and hit Enter. Select all files and hit Delete.
- Diskmgmt.msc: The diskmgmt.msc command opens up the disk manager. Here we can find the partitions of our disks and process these according to our requirements.
- Notepad command: This is used to easily open notepad on the desktop systems.
- Stikynot command: This command is used to open up sticky notes. These become useful for writing down quick, short points. These stick to the desktop. They are used to note down anything which is required.
- Control.exe/name Microsoft. Troubleshooting: This command helps people in troubleshooting by opening up the Troubleshooting options.
- Write command: This command opens up the “Word pad” on the desktop.
- Winver command: This command is used to make note of the latest version of Windows OS installed on any system.
- Perfmon.msc: This command is used when a user needs to monitor the performance of the system.
- Control command: This command helps us to open up the control panel.
- Powershell: Powershell is a very powerful scripting tool that enables user to perform task automation and configuration management framework.
- Cmd command: This command is used to open up the Command Prompt in the windows environment.
- Hdwwiz.cpl: This is a direct and simple command to open up the device manager of a system.
- Osk command: This command provides us with the solution to damaged keyboards by bringing up the on-screen keyboard on the systems.
- Gpedit.msc: This command is responsible to prompt up the Group Policy Editor on the Windows Computer. The Group Policy Editor allows to edit various Windows policies on the local as well as remote systems.
- Lusrmgr.msc: This command is used to open up the Local Users and Groups Manager on the Windows Computer.
- Ncpa.cpl: This command gives you quick access to the Network connections settings to access the Network adapters.
- Mrt command: This command is used to open up Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool. This clears up some of the Malicious software from the systems.
- Mstsc: This command is used to open up the remote desktop connections Application.
- Services.msc: This command opens up the Windows Services Application. The applications that do not respond in the task manager could be forcefully shut down using the Services.msc settings.
- Msinfo 32: This command gives us a quick view to the System configuration and information.
- Resmon: This command is used to monitor the resources that are in use.
- Cleanmgr: The ‘cleanmgr’ command opens the Windows Disk Clean up utility. This utility allows us to clean up disk space or drives.
- Compmgmt.msc: This command opens up the computer management utility that is used to manage the shared files, folder, and disk services etc.
Also Read – End of Windows 7 Support
There might be some other run commands for windows user as well. Search for other run commands for winodws and enjoy the easier way to computing.
Leave a Reply