Android Apps on Windows Insider– One of the foremost attention-grabbing announcements from Samsung’s Note 20 reveal was that you simply would be ready to run the smart phone’s apps on your Windows computer through Microsoft‘s “Your Phone” app.
Just a few hours later the Samsung’s announcement, Microsoft announced that Windows Insiders can now preview the feature in Windows 10.
Microsoft said that it is bringing the ability to stream the Android phone’s screen on Windows desktop using “Your Phone App”. It is casting the phones display in Windows.
How to preview Phones app on Windows
For previewing Your Phone App, you must have a compatible Android phone with Phone Screen and Samsung Link to Windows feature. This means that this feature is not only limited to Samsung Galaxy Note 20 phones. There are various other phones ranging from Galaxy Note 9 to Samsung Galaxy Fold. [Check out the list of supported phones]
Basic Requirements to Run Android Apps on Windows Insider
There are three prerequisite-
- A PC running one of the latest Windows Inside builds
- The latest version of Your Phone App
- Samsung Link to Windows
If you fulfill the above prerequisite, you are good to go. Please note that the feature of running multiple apps at the same time is not available now. It will be introduced later this year.
Features: How to Run Android Apps on Windows Insider
- List of installed apps can be directly seen on Your Phone App
- You can pin most frequent apps to the favorite section
- Directly launch mobile apps from PC
- Mobile apps can be pinned on the taskbar or start menu
- App notification badge
As this feature is still in beta, there are some known issues. Some apps may not run properly by blocking the cast screen or may give a black screen. The audio may play from the phone’s screen only.
- How To Create Unique User Password For WiFi
- Google Pixel 4a launched: Specification, Price, features and all you need to know
- How to stop Google from spying on me?
- Samsung Galaxy M31s unveiled Price, Specs, Camera, Battery and more
- Realme X3 Price, Specifications, launch date-All you need to know about