DuckDuckGo VS Google– As you, all know that Google is the biggest search engine on the internet. There is more search engine like Google but all of them stands far behind the search engine giant. What if I say that I have switched from Google to some other search engine. Yes, I’ve switched to a search engine that does not keep track of my activity.
Google claims that it keeps track of all it’s user’s activity to personalize the search result and improve user experience. I personally feel that it’s a kind of breach into my privacy.
DuckDuckGo is a search engine that calls itself the search engine that does not track you. DuckDuckGo does not personalize your search result because it does not keep track of its user.
It was launched way back in 2008 and it has 38.8 million and around 31 billion total searches as of June 2019.
Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey had recently said he has switched from Google to DuckDuckGo, even though the brand has a mere 0.28% market share in the search engine market, while the search engine giant has a massive 81.5% share, stated the Newsmarket report as of September 2019.
DuckDuckGo VS Google
Apart from this, these are the top five privacy features that DukDuckGo has and Google doesn’t:- “DuckDuckGo VS Google“
1. When a user visits a website that uses Google’s AdSense, the Google Analytics tool sends the URL, the user’s IP address to Google. Google claims that they use this information to deliver personalized content and ads to the user.
Whereas in the case of DuckDuckGo, the user is not tracked for the IP address, as a result, nobody can misuse or take advantage of the browsing history.
2. DuckDuckGo forces the sites to use an encrypted connection which protects the user from data misuse.
3. Each time DuckDuckGo clears the browsing history of its user leaving no trace of information behind which completely makes the browsing anonymous. On the other hand, Google saves the user search history.
4. A feature called Smart Encryption in DuckDuckGo forces user’s browsing to use encrypted connections i.e, HTTPS. It acts like a shield that protects data from a potential hacker.
5. A single page search result is offered by DuckDuckGo which allows users to scroll infinitely whereas Google offers multiple page search results in which every time the user has to switch from page to page.
- Jio 2020 Happy New Year Offer | Reliance Jio recharge plans
- Upcoming Smartphones 2020 | Upcoming Camera Phones 2020
- How to check Jio call history online | How can I check Jio call history online
- Top 5 Best android apps to learn dance online
- Meme creator app for iPhone released by Facebook