How to find lost or stolen mobile phone in India – Cases of theft of expensive smartphones are increasing rapidly. People are financially harmed by mobile theft, but there is a danger of leaking on their personal data. This also increases the chances of banking fraud. In such a situation, the question arises as to what to do if the smartphone is stolen and where to register its complaint. “How to find lost or stolen mobile phone in India?” So today you will get all your answers here in this article. Today we will tell you a process by which you will be able to file a complaint of stolen handset. Let’s dive in and have a look at the whole process-
What to do if mobile phone is stolen or lost
In case of mobile theft, you have to first register a FIR in the nearest police station. Mobile theft report can be filed offline as well as online. Once the complaint is registered, the complainant must take a copy of the FIR and the complaint number.
How to complain about a stolen smartphone
- To register a complaint about theft or lost mobile, first of all visit the website of CEIR https://ceir.gov.in/Home/index.jsp
- Login to the website by signing here
- Now you will see three options here, from which choose the option of Block Stolen / Lost Mobile
- After selecting the option a page will open on your screen, upload your mobile number, IMEI number, FIR and mobile bill copy in it
- After this enter the place of loss of mobile phone, district, state, police station, FIR number and date of loss of phone.
- After all this information, enter your name and address and upload a soft copy of Aadhaar card for proof and click on submit button
- After doing so, your complaint will be registered and the search of the stolen mobile will begin. Also, you will be able to trace the stolen mobile.
- If any detail is found related to your phone, then you will be informed immediately.
- iPhone SE 3 Price, Specification, Launch Date and Design Leaked
- Google I/O 2021: Android 12 operating system launched
- Realme 8 5G: cheapest 5G smartphone launched in India see price and specs
- Jio lockdown offer – free 300 calling minutes every month
- Poco M3 Pro 5G may launched next week, know price and specifications
How to find lost or stolen mobile phone in India Conclusion
So this was the whole process to find lost or stolen mobile phone in India. Always jot down your IMEI number for future reference. Share your doubts and opinions in the comment box below.