How to save WhatsApp status video on android phone – Today, WhatsApp is not just a messaging app. It has become a necessity and an integral part of our life. We can’t imagine our life without WhatsApp. It is not just an app. It is a medium which keeps us connected to the friends, family and outer world.
On February 24th, 2017, WhatsApp launched a very popular feature called “WhatsApp Status”. WhatsApp Status allows users to share videos, photos, and GIFs with friends. It stays for 24 hours and disappears automatically after 24 hours. This feature was called the copy or Snapchat as it was first introduced by Snapchat. But now, this feature is integrated into almost every social media platform including Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger.
WhatsApp status video download
The stories (Photos and videos) shared by you and your friends are not automatically saved or downloaded in your device. Somehow, the user manages to save the image by capturing the screen i.e by taking a screenshot. But when it comes to “WhatsApp status video download” or when a user wants to save the video from the status, the screen capturing trick fails.
So today, I am going to tell you ‘How to save WhatsApp status video on android phone’. Now no need to ask for status photos and videos from friends. I will be giving you Three methods by which you can easily “save WhatsApp status video in gallery”.
How to save WhatsApp status video in gallery
By this method, you can save stories from the device file manager.
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to the Status tab and open the status video which you wish to download.
- Minimize WhatsApp and open your device File manager.
- Go to Menu option in file manager i.e three dotted icons located on either top left or top right corner of your file manager.
- Now look for “Show Hidden files” and turn it on. By default, it remains off in every device.
- Now go to the folder tray an look for WhatsApp>Media>.statuses
- There you will find all the friends statuses which you have viewed.
- Now just copy the one which you wanted to save and paste it in some other folder. That’s it. Enjoy!
WhatsApp status video download using WhatsApp web
WhatsApp status video download can also be done on Laptop and PC’s using WhatsApp Web.
- Open WhatsApp Web on your browser and link your WhatsApp by scanning the bar code from your WhatsApp app on your phone.
- Go to the status tab and open the status you wish to download.
- Right click on the video. You will see the option, Save video As.. Browse the location you want to save the video.
- Done. Enjoy!
WhatsApp status video download App
In this method, I will tell you some “WhatsApp status video download App”. There are numerous apps available on the play store. It becomes very difficult to choose the right app. So the below mentioned are the two popular apps, you can go with.
- Status Saver – Whats Status Video Download App Download Here
- Status Downloader for Whatsapp Download Here
This was all about ‘How to save WhatsApp status video on android phone’. Hope you will not find any difficulty from now onwards. Enjoy and make memories. Please comment if you any issue while following the above steps.