Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows and Mac – Often times people tend not to use a mouse, either due to its non-functionality or to save some time. Most people search for keyboard alternatives/ “shortcut keys” that would make their life easier and simpler for navigation around there computer system.
There are mostly two hugely popular Operating Systems amongst the masses- Windows OS and the Mac OS. The windows OS is found mostly on common desktops or Laptops and even in some tablets that are mostly used by students or professionals. The Mac OS is found in the Mac systems that are manufactured by Apple Inc. Both the Windows and Mac systems have some easy to use “keyboard shortcuts” that help in easy navigation and access to the application. Techlabuzz introduces you to the most used keyboard shortcuts for Windows and Mac. Let’s have a look at them.
25+ Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows.
There are many ‘keyboard shortcuts for Windows‘ OS. Here are 25+ shortcut keys for Windows. Let us find out those.
1. Windows + R: To access Run Menu.
2. Windows + E: To access File Explorer.
3. Alt + Tab: To toggle between open programs or Applications.
4. Windows + Up Arrow: helps Maximize current Window.
5. Ctrl + Shift + Esc: Open Task Manager.
6. Windows + Break: Opens up System Properties.
7. Windows + F: Helps to search for Files and Folders.
8. Windows + D: Used to hide / Display the Desktop.
9. Alt + Esc: Switches between programs in the order in which they were open.
10. Alt + Letter: Selects the menu item under the underlined letter.
11. CTRL + Esc: Opens up the Start Menu.
12. Ctrl + F4: Closes Active Documents on the Desktop. (Does not work with some Applications).
13. Alt + F4: Quit Active Application. (Shut down System).
14. Alt + Spacebar: Open menu for Active Program.
15. Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow: Move Cursor forward or backward by one word.
16. CTRL + Up/Down Arrow: Move Cursor by one paragraph Up or Down.
17. F1: The Help Menu is opened up for any active application.
18. Windows + M: Minimize all the Windows.
19. Shift + Windows + M: Restores all Windows that were minimised by the earlier keystroke.
20. Windows + F1: Access the Windows Help and Support
21. Windows + Tab: Opens up the Task View.
22. Left Alt + Left shift + Print Screen: Switch the contrast on and off.
23. Left Alt + Left Shift + NumLock: Switch mouse keys as on and off.
24. Press shift Keys Five times: Turn on the Sticky Keys and then off.
25. Hold Num Lock for 5 seconds: Switch of Toggle keys as on and off.
25+ Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac Users.
Apple provides greater accessibility to the users of the Mac. But they might as well need the help of navigation keys to traverse through their system. Here are 25 ‘Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac‘ users.
1. Command + X: Cut the selected text.
2. Command + C: Copy the selected area.
3. Command + V: Paste the selected content on another selected content.
4. Command + Z: Undo all previous commands.
5. Command + A: Select all the items under a folder.
6. Command + F: Open up the find Window to search text.
7. Command + H: hide Windows in the Front App.
8. Command + N: To access a new document.
9. Command + O: To open up a selected item.
10. Command + P: to print the current document.
11. Command + S: To save the Document.
12. Command + W: to Close the front window.
13. Command + Q: To Quit any application.
14. Command + M: to Minimise the first window on the Desktop.
15. Command + Spacebar: To Open Spotlight search field.
16. Command + Tab: to Switch between Open Applications.
17. Command + ; : to find misspelled words in a document.
18. Option + command + Esc: To Force stop an app.
19. Shift + Command + Tilde (~): Switch between open Windows.
20. Shift + Command + 3: Takes a Screenshot of the page open.
21. Fn + Up Arrow: Scrolls to one page upwards.
22. Fn + Down Arrow: Scrolls to one page downwards.
23. Fn + Right Arrow: Scroll to the end of document.
24. Shift + command + K: Open the Network window.
25. Command + Delete: Move selected item to Trash.
26. Shift + command + Delete: Empty the Trash Can.