Top 10 tips to speed up Windows 10– Hi Guys! We all love to do work in PC and Laptop, but this becomes boring when our PC is slow. So, today I will be telling you the top 10 proven ways to ‘speed up Windows 10’. So Let’s dive into it.
Following are the ‘Top 10 tips to speed up Windows 10’ or speed up Windows 10 boot time.
Top 10 tips to speed up Windows 10
1. Change the power setting:
Doing some changes in power setting will speed up your Windows 10. Changing the power plan from power saver to high performance or balanced will give an instant performance boost.
Steps to do it:
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Then select hardware and sound > Power option.
- Then you’ll see two options: Balanced(recommendation) and Power Saver.
2. Disable startup programs:
If there are too many programs, in your PC that startups automatically then, this will make your PC slow and boot time will increase dramatically. Thus by disabling the background apps will make the Windows 10 faster. Be careful don’t disable the Microsoft programs that are necessary for the booting.
To do this, follow the following steps:
- Right click on anywhere in the taskbar and select the Task Manager.
- Now go the Startup Button.
- Select the program which you use rarely and click disable to remove it.
3. Defragment and Optimize device:
Defragmentation is the process that reduces the degree of fragmentation. To get rid of this you can rearrange the files on a disk to occupy the continuous space and this will enhance the speed of file access.
To do this, follow the following steps:
- Click on the Windows Key, type defragment and now click on defragment and optimize the drives when you see the option.
- Select your System drive and now click on optimize.
4. Clean up the disk:
Disk cleanup is necessary to remove unnecessary files on the hard drive and it will help in the speed up Windows 10 boot.
Follow the steps to clean the disk:
- Open this PC, right click on your System drive and choose the Properties.
- Click Disk Cleanup. It will start scanning the device and will calculate how much space available that you can free.
- When it is done, choose Clean up System files in the Window and the scanning will start again.
- When the second scan gets completed, click OK on the new Window. Then there is a notification comes out “Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files?”. Click on Delete Files.
5. Delete Temp files:
Temp files are the files that are unnecessary and becomes useless after some time. Deleting these temp files will speed up your computer.
Follow the below steps to delete the temp files:
- Hit the Window key + R and type the %temp% . Click OK.
- Select Delete All Files.
6. Restart your PC:
By restarting your PC make your PC fast as it will clear out its memory and stop those processes that might be taking the resources. It will clear the excess use of RAM and also kills the process that is not in motion.
7. Disable the OneDrive syncing:
OneDrive syncing is a feature that is built-in synchronization feature in Windows 10. it will help you to access your file from anywhere as it is stored in the cloud. But, sometimes it becomes problematic. Automatic Syncing will slow down your PC.
Follow the steps:
- Right click on the OneDrive Icon and select Setting > Account.
- Choose Unlink this PC > Unlink.
8. Turn off Search Indexing:
It is the process of search engine collecting, parses and stores the data for use in search engine. You can speed up your Windows 10 by turning off indexing.
To do this, follow the below steps:
- Type services.msc in the Start Menu search box
- Click the results of the service that came out.
- The Services app then appears.
- Scroll down to either Indexing Service or Windows Search in the list of services. Double-click it, and from the screen that appears, click Stop.
- Then reboot.
- Note: Your searches may be slightly slower, although you may not notice the difference at all. But you will get an overall performance boost and speed up Windows 10.
9. Clean out your hard disk:
Clean out your hard disk will improve the Windows 10 speed. Cleaning out can give you the speed boost to your PC. Windows 10 has one built-in tool to perform this called Storage Sense.
To do this, perform the below steps:
- Go to Settings > System > Storage and at the top of the screen.
- In the Storage Sense section – move the toggle from Off to On.
When you do these steps, Windows constantly monitors your PC and will delete old junk files that you no need longer.
10. Tweak Registry:
Windows Registry holds all the settings of the computer that are needed for the Windows system and installed programs to function properly. Thus, you can tweak the Registry to speed up your Windows system in many different ways. Here we’d like to present you the way to increase mouse speed which will help to reduce the popup delay.
Follow the instruction below precisely:
- Hit the Window Key + R and type ‘regedit’
- Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel and double-click on the Mouse folder.
- Now double click on MouseHoverTime and change the value to 10.
- After that double-click on the Desktop folder > MenuShowDelay and change the value to 10.
- Now Restart the PC to reflect the changes.
Conclusion: There are “Top 10 tips to speed up windows 10” that I have mentioned above to boost the speed of your Windows 10. Perform any of the methods and speed up your PC.