USB Device not recognized by Windows 10– Hi guys, we all use USB to perform various tasks. But sometimes when we plug a USB device to Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7 computer, it shows a pop-up message that says ‘USB Device Not Recognized’. If you ever face this problem, this article will be very helpful to you. In this article, I am going to tell you the steps to fix the “USB device not recognized by Windows 10” error.
Table of Contents
Steps to solve USB device not recognized by Windows 10 error
Nowadays all computers and laptops have at least two or three USB Ports and so that they support a wide range of devices. But the problem is sometimes it is not able to detect the USB and we get an error message that USB Device does not Recognize.
So, the following are the methods to fix “USB device not recognized windows 10 keeps popping up”.
Method 1: Restart your PC
A simple restart of your Windows computer can sometimes solve the issues. Just unplug your USB and restart your PC. And check it has worked or not. And if it is not responding to the restart just shut down the computer and wait for few minutes and after that turn it On. Most probably your problem is solved now.
Method 2: Use Troubleshooter
This is one of the best ways to sort out any kind of hardware problem. It will tell you what the problem is why you are getting this error. To do this go to the Start Menu and type “troubleshooting” then go to ‘Hardware and Sound’ now select the option ‘Configure a device’ and follow the on-screen instruction to solve any problem regarding hardware.
Method 3: Re-insert the Device
Sometimes connecting the device after disconnecting it solves many hardware issues because reinserting means actually refreshing the plugged-in devices.
Method 4: Update Device driver
Check if you need to update the driver. To do this, perform the following steps.
- First, go to start menu and type devmgmt.msc
- Now expand universal serial bus controllers and you see the unrecognized devices as “Unknown devices”.
- Now, right-click on the unknown device and select “update driver” option and update the driver.
- This will fix the problem.
So, these are the top methods to fix the ‘USB Device not recognized’ error. You can use any one of the above methods. If you know any other method just share it in the comment box below.
- How to enable dark mode in Instagram on Android and iOS
- How to answer phone calls on PC- Windows 10 version 18999
- Jio 6 Paise per minute plan
- Top 7 best movie streaming sites no sign up
- Xiaomi Mi Band 4 available for just Re 1 this Diwali at Mi flash sale